We have all heard the term “content is king”. It is this phrase that propels many digital marketers to find new and interesting ways to create content. Recently the trend has started to move away from the simple static content many digital marketers were creating and moving on to creating video content. In fact video marketing experienced a 70% increase, the largest boost in 2012 above all other forms of content marketing, so it is no wonder why digital marketers are turning to video. While video strategies vary from company, there are some basic strategies on how to create incredible video content.
1. Be authentic. Audiences respond to people who are the real deal. No matter the subject matter of the video, always make sure that the story you are telling rings true. People can spot a phony a mile away, so the more “real” you can be, the better.
2. Keep it on message and positive. This is particularly useful when you are trying to motivate or encourage your customers. Never underestimate the power of pep.
3. Interview the experts. By interviewing experts, you give your video a sense of authority.
4. Make use of tutorials- If your video seeks to teach or explain something a tutorial is the best option.
5. Collaborate with others. Collaboration is key to creating great content.
6. Respond with your audience. If you engage with your viewers, you will better understand what your audience needs.
If you follow these basic guidelines, you are on your way to creating great video content.