I’m sure many of you have heard the buzz around, well….I don’t think anyone uses a water cooler anymore, but around your office anyway, while you were texting or surfing the web from your smart phone. So much talk about a strange flightless bird that appears to be wearing a wetsuit. I’m referring, of course to the penguin and our friends at Google’s latest algorithm update. Yes the Penguin update has sent many a website into a tailspin, but there is hope for all of us. Google has not left there enormous flock unattended. There are things that you can do that will ensure that you and your website continue to be safe from the types of hardships that so many websites have experienced due to poor quality linking strategies, over optimization and irrelevant content development. Here are 5 things that you can do to keep your website safe.
- Create a blog and submit new posts consistently to build up your site into a wealth of valuable content.
- Work with an internet marketing firm or research how to start writing legitimate press releases on a regular basis and post them on your site.
- Visit blogs within your industry and leave valuable feedback in their comments section.
- Link out to other valuable resources within your industry that would benefit your visitors.
- Share everything you are creating on all of your active social media sites on a regular basis.
If you follow these procedures, Google should appreciate your efforts and you will be rewarded with riches beyond your wildest dreams. OK, well, maybe not for sure the last part but the at least the next time our friends at Google put an update out there, you can relax and know that you’re doing things the right way, in Google eyes at least.