In the past decade, Google has become synonymous with searching for anything and everything on the Internet. The term “Google it” has become a part of our everyday lexicon, which means it has never been more important to be found on search engines. Whether you a business providing a service, or selling a product, if you are not found on the first page of Google, you will not be found. So what can you do to make sure you are found on the first page of Google? Below are some classic SEO tips, guaranteed to make your business rise the ranks of Google.
- Always be sure to send visitors to targeting landing pages. The landing page is where visitors to your site will actually stop when sent to the site. So it is vital that the landing page is informative and provides exactly what the visitor is looking for. This will help lower your bounce rate, and make your site more relevant for your search terms.
- Make use of different kinds of media. Write relevant content on your site, blog about relevant topics, add video, and other social media outlets to engage with your visitors.
- Allow your content to be easily shared among the various social media platforms like Facebook, Pinterest, etc.
- Invest time and money into high quality web design. Your website should be attractive to the eye, easy to navigate, and informative. All of this will get people to your site and keep them there.
- Keep an eye on your competition. Take a moment and look at your competition, see what they are doing. Find out what is working for them and what isn’t. Use the lessons you learn to better you website and your SEO strategy.