Did you know that 70% of mobile searchers call a business directly from Google Search? With such a large percentage of people utilizing Google to find a range of products and services it is vital for businesses to utilize this powerful platform. One of the most effective way for businesses to utilize this platform is by investing in PPC (pay per click) advertising. PPC advertising has proven to be an effective strategy for promoting sales and new products. While the traffic it brings is not organic, it can direct qualified leads to your website. The following are seven ways that you improve your PPC landing pages to make them even more successful:
- Consistency is key-If your PPC ad states that you are holding a weekend-only sale at the beginning of the month and the date on your landing page contradicts that statement, you’re going to have a problem. Visitors are going to be confused and you’re going to have a tough time converting them. This goes for any inconsistency – so make sure everything, from the dates to the language you use, remains consistent.
- Highlight how your product is different from the competition – In order to drive conversions it is vital to ensure visitors understand what your unique selling proposition.
- Create effective calls-to-action – One of the biggest mistakes that you can make is to assume that if somebody clicked on your PPC ad that no additional work is required. Just because they are on your landing page does not mean they are going to make a purchase or sign up to your newsletter. They can still change their mind or become hesitant. It’s because of this reason that you need to have calls-to-action on all of your landing pages to convince and encourage your leads to do what you want.
- Build trust using social media– Very few people are comfortable with giving out their names and email information online. Use social media to build trust with the consumer by encouraging engagement through customer testimonials, social media shares and likes, customer reviews and more.
- Concentrate on presentation – Don’t overwhelm the visitor. Use a simple and elegant landing page layout that isn’t cluttered with text and images. Make sure that your call-to-action and form are easy to find.
- Make sure the landing page loads quickly – Internet users are very fickle. If they click on your PPC ad and it takes more than a few seconds to load the landing page, then they may just leave. Don’t let them change their minds or lose interest because of a slow loading page!
- Optimize your landing pages for SEO – Don’t forget to optimize your landing pages for SEO. This means using relevant keywords used in your PPC ad throughout your landing page content, especially in the title of your landing page. Just be careful not to keyword stuff as that can get your site penalized.
PPC can be extremely useful if you employ it properly, so make sure that you use these seven tips for improving your PPC landing pages.