There’s a pretty good chance that one of your main website goals is to attract traffic. Because more traffic means more leads, which can eventually lead to more sales – right? Right. But how exactly can you increase the amount of traffic to your site? By using the following six SEO (search engine optimization) tips in order to increase your search engine ranking.
- Use relevant keywords – You need to optimize your website and digital campaigns to rank for the keywords that your audience is using to look for the types of products and services you are offering. If you don’t use the right keywords, you risk attracting the wrong visitors or worse no visitors at all, essentially wasting your investment.
- Optimize for mobile use – When’s the last time you used your smart phone to look something up online? It was probably pretty recently. Consumers use their smartphones all the time to look up information on the web. If your website isn’t optimized for mobile use, it’s not going to be displayed right, making it hard to view and navigate on mobile devices. These mobile visitors are going to back out and go straight to a competitor’s site instead.
- Don’t forget about local SEO – If you want people in your area to find you, then you need to use local SEO. Submit your site to local directories, such as Google, Yelp, Whitepages or Angie’s List, to name a few. This will help to improve local SEO, which means that when someone searches for services or products you offer in your area, there will be a better chance of your site popping up.
- Create good content – Good content is what drives online marketing. If your site doesn’t have good content, then why would your visitors stick around?
- Make sure your site is user-friendly – There’s nothing more aggravating then clicking on a link that takes forever to load. If your site loads slowly, your bounce rate is going to go through the roof – which means visitors are abandoning your site because they’ve lost their patience. You also have to make sure that your website is easy to navigate through by using clearly marked internal links. Not only will this make it easier for visitors to explore your site, it will make it easier for search engines to index.
- Use social share buttons – One of the factors used to determine your search engine ranking is the number of social signals your site has. This means that you’ll want to get visitors to like or share your content. Throw up social share buttons on each page to make it easy for your visitors to like or share your content – and encourage them to do so!
The best way to boost traffic to your site is by improving your search engine ranking, which you can do by using these six SEO tips!