When it comes to online marketing, many marketers tend to focus on three main strategies – SEO, content marketing and social media marketing. While these are important strategies, it often means that PPC (pay per click) advertising is left out, which is a mistake no business can afford. The following are five reasons why you should use PPC promotions:
- They are cost-effective – Even though you have to pay for PPC ads, the way they work means that you’re only paying for the results. Basically, instead of buying ad space, you pay for the amount of clicks you get. This means that if you don’t get any clicks and your ad is a complete failure, you’re not paying for it. You can bid however much you want for your PPC ads – just remember that you may have competition depending on the keywords you’re using.
- They allow you to test keywords – PPC ads show up when users search for your ad’s keywords. This means that you can use several different keywords for similar ads in order to test which ones are more effective at driving traffic and conversions. You can then apply these keywords to your website’s SEO strategy.
- They are an effective way to promote products – You can use PPC ads to promote sales, products, services and even content. You can drive leads that click on your PPC ads directly to landing pages on your site in order to increase your conversion rate. Unlike other forms of advertising, you’re basically getting immediate results.
- They can be used to target specific demographics – You can actually target your PPC ads towards specific groups of customers. For example, Google will let you restrict your PPC ads to users based on their language, their location and even their demographics. This is a good way to obtain data on who your real target audience is and whether your ads are reaching them.
- It’s easy to track and measure the ad’s performance – You can track a lot of different data with a PPC ad that you simply can’t do with SEO. For example, you can track how many click throughs you are getting as well as how many conversions those click throughs are leading to. This kind of data allows you to determine whether your keywords are working, whether you’re targeting the right audience, whether the ad itself is effective and whether your landing page is effective. You can then adjust your ad based on that data. For example, if you’re getting lots of clicks, but are converting a small percentage of those clicks, then there’s probably something wrong with your landing page that needs to be fixed.
As you can see, PPC ads can be extremely beneficial in a number of different ways as long as you put them to good use – so be sure to implement PPC advertising into your online marketing strategy.