Running a business in today’s world is becoming increasingly difficult. No matter what the industry is the competition is fierce. In order for a business to set themselves apart, they must invest in a digital marketing campaign. Creating a successful marketing campaign can be difficult as there is a ton of misinformation out there. The following are five of the most common marketing myths:
- SEO is dead – Nope. SEO or Search Engine Optimization is still an essential part of every digital marketing campaign. 90% of online searchers never click past the first page of search results. If your business does not rank on the first page the odds of customers finding your site is very low.
- All you need is a website – Although the website is the foundation for your marketing efforts, it shouldn’t be the only platform you use. After all, how will anyone find your website in the first place? Whether it is SEO, paid search or through social media, you need to use a variety of marketing strategies to market your brand effectively.
- Social marketing isn’t for everyone – Social media should not be ignored. It’s a great way to gain insight into your customers’ interests, needs, and views, not to mention as a way to get feedback on your brand.
- All content is good content – As important as content is, not all content is created equal. Don’t just fill your website with random content. The content you publish must be relevant to your brand, must be informative to your audience and must be unique to have an impact.
- Digital marketing isn’t for everyone – Digital marketing can be effectively used by any business, no matter how small the business is or how small their niche is. Most of your customers will be online, which means you need to be as well to reach them.
It takes a lot of work to develop and implement an effective online marketing campaign. Don’t let these five marketing myths derail your efforts in any way.