Socrates knew that even in ancient Greece it was essential to ask questions. In fact, he is known for going around Athens and doing just that. He said the key was in how people answered the question, this tells you a lot about their character.
If you are working on finding a marketing agency to begin an integrated marketing plan for your business, there are some questions that you should ask before you sign a contract. A contract is not just a legally binding agreement between you and the marketing agency, it’s evidence of a relationship that will be had. You’ll want to make sure you get these questions answered before the marketing agency begins your project.
Below are 15 of the most vital questions you should ask when hiring a marketing agency.
- How do you define “integrated marketing” and how will you implement an integrated marketing plan?
- What is your agency’s policy regarding how you measure success in helping your client meet their goals and ROI?
- What tools do you have at your disposal to carry out an integrated marketing plan?
- Do you have an understanding of my industry so that you know the industry standards for advertising and how to keep me in compliance?
- Can you present any case studies or client testimonials documenting your success for the client’s perspective?
- How can we get in touch with you as you proceed with my project?
- What is your view on multi-channel marketing and how will you ensure that my brand gets the coverage we need to achieve our results?
- How can you make changes in my marketing plan if I am unhappy with the initial results?
- What is your client retention rate?
- What is your biggest success story to date and what do you view as your agency’s strengths?
- What is your biggest challenge as a marketing agency and how do you overcome this when working on a project for a client>
- Do you have a portfolio of your previous work that we can view before signing our contract?
- Who will be assigned my project on a daily basis and what is their experience level regarding integrated marketing campaigns?
- How do you think your marketing agency excels over your competition?
- What is your price range for what I want to accomplish
All of these questions address some of the most critical questions to assure critical success. When you choose a marketing agency, you need to know that they will give due diligence to your strategy, keeping in mind your industry compliance standards, as well as the finer details of your plan to produce the best result. You need to know that they have your best interest at heart and that they value your project as much as you do.
Ask Us Anything!
Here at JEMSU, we believe in asking questions, so we encourage our clients to ask us the questions that matter to them. We are dedicated to educating our clients every step of the way. Contact one of our specialists today!